I took the Northern Brewer’s New Old Ale kit and added spices to make my Gravmas Ale.
- 0.5 lbs. Simpsons Dark Crystal
- 0.5 lbs. Golden Naked Oats
- 2 lb. Golden Light DME (boil for 60 min.)
- 6 lbs. Gold Malt Syrup (boil for 15 min.)
- 1 lbs. Dark Candi Sugar (end of boil)
- 0.75 oz. Target (60 min)
- 0.25 oz. Target (15 min)
- 1/8tsp ground allspice
- Dash of ground cinnamon, and small piece of cinnamon stick
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground Ginger
- Wyeast #1084 Irish Ale Yeast
I’ve never worked with spices before, so hopefully this turns out well. Should be interesting with the spices and the Belgian candi. It is currently in secondary and will be bottled in a week.